Prior to begin the course I would like to list what are the requirements to create, compile and use ObjectARX applications.
I will use the most recent version that is ObjectARX 2005. Most of features presented will be compatible to previous versions (I will consider release 2000 and above).
What you will need:
- AutoCAD 2000,2000i and 2002 (plus verticals): ObjectARX 2000 and Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0;
- AutoCAD 2004, 2005 and 2006 (plus verticals): ObjectARX 2004 and Microsoft Visual C.NET 2002 (7.0);
- AutoCAD 2007, 2008 and 2009 (plus verticals): ObjectARX 2007 and Microsoft Visual C.NET 2005 (8.0);
You may download AutoCAD trial versions from Autodesk web site (www.autodesk.com).
To download ObjectARX (for free), go to www.objectarx.com (this will redirect you to the right page at Autodesk's web site).
Once you have the above products, proceed with the installation:
- Install AutoCAD (full option recommended);
- Install Visual C++;
- Install (just need to extract) ObjectARX to your computer;
On the next post I will explain how to install the ObjectARX Wizard tool.